Women’s Off-Road Cycling Congress
October 25 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
As female off-road cyclists, what do we love, hate, and hope for?
The Women’s Off-Road Cycling Congress (WÖRCC) opens an authentic dialogue between women of all experience levels.
women to join the conversation and take part in crafting our inaugural manifesto to the off-road cycling industry. WÖRCC aims to:
- Create Community
- Join us for dinner by Pica’s Taqueria and cocktails mixed by Suerte Tequila. WÖRCC is a meet-up and a celebration of the season.
- Unite Our Voices
- Bring your stories and experiences: they are the essential ingredients of a platform that will convey our true values to the off-road cycling industry.
- Inspire Adventure
- Find camaraderie among women with shared passions, and renew – or discover – the sense of possibility for life where the pavement ends.
We’re looking for representatives from every corner of female off-road cycling including:
- First-time mountain bikers
- Experienced racers
- Weekend warriors
- Moms missing the trail
- Pros who lead the way
- Newbies dragged around by “the guys”
- Dreamers still on skinny tires
- Seasoned gravel road adventurers
When: Wednesday, October 25th, 2017, 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm
Where: Pearl Izumi World Headquarters, Louisville, CO
Guest speakers include Amy Thomas, founder of the Beti Bike Bash; Ashley Rankin, founder of Shredly, and Dorothy Nichols, MTB industry change agent.
Join us as we discuss:
- Building and influencing a brand
- Beginnership: Learning new skills
- Why the heck do I want to go bikepacking?
- Race Day: Joining competitive events
- Bike shops & the dreaded service department
- Saying good-bye to skinny tires
- Industry Role Models: Who and where are they?