- This event has passed.
Women’s Bikepacking Clinic
June 6 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
“Planning vs. Reality” : Women’s Bikepacking
This is the last in a series of clinics presented and taught by Jillian Betterly, experienced off-road cyclist and the founder of Front Range Women’s Bikepacking [FRWB]. Women with all levels of experience are invited to join us for a no-question-is-a-dumb-ques
Receive resources for getting started
Network with other novice and experienced women
Discover backyard trips and new routes
Learn about Sports Garage’s bikepacking immersion and/or gear rental programs
Previous topics covered by Jillian and FRWB include “Dress for the Occasion” and “Everyone’s Got Baggage”. We will review several options for bikepacking bags and on-the-bike gear. Examples of questions you may want to explore:
- How do I distribute the weight on my bike for maximum efficiency and balance?
- -OR- How do I get it all on there?
- Is my backpacking gear appropriate for bikepacking? How do I make that transition?
- What are my bag options? Do I need custom bags?
- How do I pack for emergency preparedness? -OR- How do I not freeze?!?!
- Where should I go?
Our bikepacking Q&A’s have been among our most popular events this spring, and we look forward to growing our circle of avid women adventurers!